54 Glaisnock Street
The Dumfries Arms Hotel is a contemporary, stylish boutique hotel that has a rich 300-year history behind it. Situated in the ancient burgh of Cumnock the hotel has played host to many colourful characters over the years. These include Scotland's national bard, Robert Burns who spent many a night at the old hotel bar, entertaining the locals. Sir Walter Scott, the poet and novelist who frequented the hotel in times gone by was quoted to say "Old Cumnock, where the beds are as hard as planks, sir!". How times have changed.
The old hotel has undergone a complete transformation and now boasts one of Ayrshire's largest and most stylish wedding venues along with 26 elegant bedrooms, our popular restaurant and a relaxed lounge bar with our private dining room for those special occasions.
Whatever your reason, come and say hello.
- Our 26 en-suite bedrooms have been individually designed with comfort and elegance in mind
- Ayrshire's most stylish multipurpose wedding venue
- Space and facilities for boardroom meetings, a corporate lunch or a family get-together
- Restaurant with space for over 80 customers, with facilities for more intimate dining and a stylish bar
- Set in the heartland of Robert Burns and the home of Golf